Annual Financial Literacy Event at State Capitol Highlights Programs and Resources
The importance of financial literacy and financial education efforts will be highlighted at the annual California Financial Literacy Month Resource Fair at the State Capitol. Booths from the Department of Business Oversight and other State agencies and organizations will provide free materials and information on how to better manage our finances, save, invest safely, use credit, manage debt, and avoid financial scams and fraud.
What: California Financial Literacy Month Resource Fair
Who: California Department of Business Oversight and other State and local agencies and community organizations*
Featuring the Community College Foundation eBus mobile computer lab.
When: Tuesday, April 26 from 11 am to 1 pm
Where: State Capitol, North Steps (L St.)
Safely navigating today’s rapidly-changing, often complex financial system can be a daunting task. By empowering consumers to make informed decisions about how to spend and invest their money, financial literacy helps ensure more California families prosper.
April is California Financial Literacy Month. Public agencies and private organizations across the state will reach out to communities and give consumers of all ages tools to build better lives and stronger financial futures.
*Other participating agencies and organizations include:
- Bank On Sacramento
- California Board of Accountancy
- California Board of Equalization
- California Controller’s Office
- California Department of Insurance
- California Treasurer’s Office
- California Housing Finance Agency (CalHFA)
- ClearPoint Credit Counseling
- Contractor’s State Licensing Board
- Keep Your Home California
- Golden 1 Credit Union
- McGeorge School of Law – Legal Clinic
- Savings Plus
- Social Security Administration
- SAFE Credit Union
- United Way California Capitol Region
- Wells Fargo Bank