Are you concerned about the data breach of Marriot’s Starwood properties affecting the hundreds of millions of customers who stayed there between 2014 and 2018?
Data breaches are scary—and they’re on the rise! Cyber-criminals are increasingly using sophisticated and cutting-edge technology to steal personal information. If you believe that you may be affected by this data breach, check out this informational website: https://answers.kroll.com to get answers to your questions and the latest updates to the situation.
Here are additional steps to help detect if your data was breached and ways to protect yourself:
- Review your different credit-card statements.
- Check your credit report, which is available free annually via annualcreditreport.com.
- Secure your online personal information.
- Report suspected instances of identity theft to the FTC.
- Be wary of any suspicious emails that are soliciting you.
- Start using two-factor authentication for your accounts that allow it.
- Put a freeze on your credit – it’s free!
- Visit DBO’s website for resources on how to protect yourself from fraud: http://www.dbo.ca.gov/Consumers/SAIF/Pubs/Protect_Yourself_From_Fraud(2014)English.pdf
To learn more about protecting yourself after a data breach: https://www.identitytheft.gov/Info-Lost-or-Stolen